Our Law Firm can help you When the Stakes are high Personal Injury law, home, Real Estate Law, Will, Estates and Trust Law, Immigration Law, Family Law, Corporate and Commercial law, Notary Public, Powers of Attorney
Why Do You Need a Power of Attorney?

If you are still procrastinating and still have not made your will, then you must at the very least have a Power of attorney.

A Power of Attorney is a document in which the grantor of the power gives an attorney the power to act on his or her behalf in the event of incapacity of the grantor. Without a power of attorney in place at the time of incapacity, a substitute decision maker can also be appointed by the court but this is more time consuming and costly. A Power of Attorney provides the grantor with the opportunity to choose somebody the grantor trusts. Your attorney does exactly what you would have done had you had the opportunity. We make sure all your wishes and desires are communicated to your attorney timely.

A Power of attorney can also be granted, even though the grantor is capable but simply unavailable when important decisions must be made on a timely basis.

We help you take care of such situations and ensure your attorney acts as a fiduciary, and has no conflict with your interests.

Continuing Power of Attorney for Property

A power of attorney for property is a continuing power of attorney. The continuing power of attorney may also be exercised during the grantor’s subsequent incapacity to manage property.

[show_more more=”Read More” align=”right” size=”120″ color=”#639bbc”]

Power of Attorney for Personal Care

A power of attorney for personal care appoints a person(s) to make decisions for the grantor respecting any one or more elements of the grantor’s “personal care. These could be health care, nutrition, shelter, clothing, hygiene, and safety.

A power of attorney for personal care can function as a living will. A living will sets out instructions as to what treatments may or may not be administered including terminal conditions directives.

Guardianship for Mentally Incapable Persons

The court can appoint a Guardian of Property or a Guardian of the Person for an incapable individual. The appointed guardian takes care of all the mentally incapable person’s affairs.




Fill out our case evaluation form for a no obligation consultation. You can also contact us directly at 416.732.1949